October 23, 2015

Are I Back?

Sort of.

Real world issues needed to be addressed last week, and while they haven't been 100% resolved, they have been upgraded from a resume stain to a stained resume. And while stupid is as stupid does (and yes, my job did something completely asinine, much to my unpleasant surprise) and while we won't go Forrest Gump on ya (please no!!!!!!), we will attempt a little whimsy to brighten up your Friday Wile E. Coyote-Super Genius does his very best lighten my load in my head (don't wanna play no head games).

I have a window in my den. And while it isn't a window to my rainbow bright soul, it is a window to the outside world. Being that it's attached to a cellar located  just above ground but below my feet, I don't see that much looking out 'cause someone is sneaking through after playing in the playground in my mind......

Anywho, I don't see much through the window. What I do see is basically a tree.



Specifically, the tree on the left is the one that I see. It was cut down about year ago or so as it was very much dead and very much a safety hazard. Surprisingly, it has given rebirth to fresh new branches and leaves. The wonders of Father Nature, eh?

However, I do get a lot of sound while slipping through the garden gate that prevents me from wandering around and getting lost. 'Cause getting lost isn't really fun, but to say that you're no fun is to pinch a phrase, and to pinch a phrase is to be a writer and to be a writer is to pinch a phrase.

Or a quote.

But, to say that a tangent is irrelevant in a blog is to say that frying an egg in a hot frying pan is not the ultimate analogy in the annals of PSA's, whether radio or video, is simply dead wrong.

And that, my friends, is why having a window without a view, as opposed to a room with a view (so long at isn't a brick wall), can be a very good thing.

Peaches, lust and tequila sunrises for all.

(c) 2015 BOOKS BY G.B. MILLER. All Rights Reserved.

12 comments:

  1. I guess it cuts down on outside distractions. Unless you are distracted by squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No squirrels. Or rabbits. Or feathered friends of any kind. Our resident dogs took care of those, so the backyards is sans life of the animal persuasion.

      And yes, it cuts down on 99% of the outside distractions. The remaining 1% involves summer time parties from the next door neighbors (young soon-to-be-married couple in their late 20's), which are pretty cool to listen to.

      Delete
  2. Well now I want to know what happened!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are certain procedures/policies in the work place that must be followed for a given situation. In this particular case, they were not. I'm not a fan of unions, but so far, they've been doing a good job with my situation.

      Delete
  3. I don't mind getting lost as long as I am only lost locally and not globally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting lost locally often brings very pleasant and satisfying surprises.

      Delete
  4. Welcome sort of back!

    I have a window in my house that leads straight to the wall of the neighbor's house 3 feet away. So it's just basically a big ugly wall. I'd take a tree over that any day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kind sir.

      I think I would take a partial tree over a view like that too.

      Delete
  5. Oh man, I spent so much time living in basement apartments with windows that looked out at brick walls. I'd wake up and say to my husband-at-that-time: "What's the weather out today? Oh, look, it's wall again. Just like yesterday. And it will probably be wall again tomorrow."

    ReplyDelete
  6. At my first guv'ment job (state library), our window view was a brick wall, because we had a giant window well some seven feet in height. So all we would see is either the giant concrete wall, or the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. So far, so good. I'm due a phone call from my union today, so I'll let you know what the end result is.

      Delete

These days, the written word is to die for, so please leave a comment that shows me and everyone else the real you. All kinds of verbiage will be cheerfully accepted in the spirit it was written.