September 24, 2015

Life: It's A Box Car!

Sometimes, when you got nuttin' to blog about, you simply fall back on the tried and true, and hope for the best.

Poppy Culture and The Written Word.

Poppy Culture:

I listen to some truly strange music, especially artists who I consider to be my secret musical crush. You know, those artists that you love to listen to yet if anyone knew you actually listened to them, you be hoisted up a flag pole with a turban wedgie.

One of my secret musical crushes:


The Written Word:

Let's see, let's see, let's see. Ah yes, the written word. Well sir (or ma'am), it's like this. Haven't done any new writing this week 'cause work has been a major female of the canine species. Yes, I know, an unclean choice of words, but ya know, I do respect all my readers of both sexes, and while using THAT WORD in a story could be appropriate from time to time, using THAT WORD in a blog post that's located on a high end PG-13 blog would be inappropriate. So, we used an euphemism instead. I'm hoping to do some writing this weekend or early next week while I'm recovering from session #2 of eye surgery.

In other exciting news, I'm Kindlizing these:


I'm hoping to get them back later this week, so I can get them primed for an October 1st release. In the meantime, if print is your bag, please check out my Amazon page or my book blog for details.

In related news, a good friend from high school, who I reconnected with on Facebook (see, it's good for sumthin'), bought a couple of copies of the aforementioned books to take with him on his trip to Brazil. He also offered to do a travelogue with them, like the Travelocity gnome, and post the pictures on my FB page. So here is the first pic of A Taste Of Pain hanging ten at the Orlando airport.


Pretty cool, eh?

More pics featuring my books hanging ten with cool people at cool places in Brazil coming soon to Facebook, and quite possibly the blog world as well.

(c) 2015 BOOKS BY G.B. MILLER. All Rights Reserved.

10 comments:

  1. PAT BOONE???? Hahahahahahahaha no, I'm laughing WITH you, not AT you!

    Neat idea about the traveling book -- where oh where will it go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually heard songs from this c.d. when it'd first came out on college radio. He really is a cool guy. Not too many famous people poke fun at themselves these days, and he played it to the hilt.

      I'm hoping it goes to the beaches, 'cause, ya know....

      Delete
  2. That's cool he took your books with him! I wonder where they will show up next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a very cool idea when he'd first mentioned it in a letter that he enclosed with the money order. Hope it makes to all kinds of places in Brazil.

      Delete
  3. Cool- You should sell them there if allowed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I can get some sells, but I gave him some stuff to hand it if he so chooses, so we shall see.

      Delete
  4. I'm too late to wish you luck on surgery #1, but it looks like that wasn't an issue. All the same, good luck with surgery #2!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! Can't wait to see the international pics.

    ReplyDelete

These days, the written word is to die for, so please leave a comment that shows me and everyone else the real you. All kinds of verbiage will be cheerfully accepted in the spirit it was written.