January 2, 2015

Postscript?

Hi-do-ho Neighbors and Neighborettes!

While work is still kicking my buttocks from border (CT) to border (NY) to border (MA) to border (RI) to border (Atlantic Ocean/Long Island Sound), I did say I would see everyone on the flipside of 2015. Guess what, this is the flipside of 2015, although I'm sure everyone is going "Wasssssssssssoooooooop! Pash me shat boddle of Johnny Walkin'-drunkingly-towards-the-side-the-road-for-the-old-heave-ho!...oh no....excuse me!....." two days after experiencing the mother of all parties as it pertains to your tiny slice of whatever world revolves around you.

Anywho, I spent some time going through Cedar's Mountain for a few retrospective posts to share with everyone, but I came up empty. However, I did find some wickedly nasty and incredibly funny posts from the various January's of 2009 thru 2014, so I may resurrect those C.M.'s blast from the past series in the coming months.

Undaunted by my failure to find any retro posts, I reopened the draft version of this post with the full intention of writing a retrospective of 2014. However, after spending a couple of minutes going through my memory banks, I realized that if I did that, this post would turn into the Big Daddy/Big Mother/FusterCluck of a rant, the likes of which has never been seen in all of its infantile glory in the past 7 years of my blogging existence.

Crinkling my nose at the thought of giving people cannon fodder to crucify me with at work or in the cyberworld, I quickly circular filed that idea toot-sweet.

With nothing left in the tank for twisted verbiage to share today, I leave everyone going into the long weekend with a song from a very strange group that my brother showed me the other day at his house. The name of the band is Ylvis and the song is What Does A Fox Say?



(c) 2014 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved.

12 comments:

  1. Maybe no retrospective post is a good thing. I've been reading a lot of those already. Something different is always welcomed.

    That group was different for sure. Actually the song was kind of good, but with really weird lyrics and visuals. Kind of a perverse twist on a children's song.

    Looking forward to great things in 2015.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday was the first time that I've heard it. Both my daughter and brother have very unusual musical tastes. And I agree, seriously perverse twist on a children's song.

      Delete
  2. Well that is interesting. Never heard of them. Not so sure an elephant says "toot". LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of them either. The name alone would've gotten my attention. :D

      Delete
  3. Strangely, I've heard this before. It is quite weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exceptionally so. Then again, my brother is known for finding very strange YouTube videos to show me from time to time.

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year! Yes, that crazy song and video was a big hit in 2014, believe it or not. And believe it or not, it does kinda grow on you after a few times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can believe it. My brother also told me about another song of theirs called "Yogurt". I may check that one out over the weekend.

      Delete
  5. Now I'm curious about that potentially epic rant...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And curiosity, you know, is the mother of invention (not to be confused with the Mothers of Invention). What I will tell you is that the rant is very much work related and as much as I like sharing parts of my job with everyone, this would've probably crossed some kind of unwritten line.

      Delete

These days, the written word is to die for, so please leave a comment that shows me and everyone else the real you. All kinds of verbiage will be cheerfully accepted in the spirit it was written.