September 17, 2014

I'm A Guy, So....


I'm a guy, and as most you gals know, us guys rarely, if ever, admit defeat whenever we happen to be doing something that is far beyond our capabilities to handle, like running a washing machine. So the usual rule of thumb is to ignore warnings like those in pic because, hey, we're guys and know it alls, so reading a how-to manual to do something is way out of our comfort zone.

So as much as what I'm about to say pains me, I must reluctantly turn my back on my frat bros and say with the utmost sincerity, I am admitting defeat for Wednesday.

That's right, Wednesday has delivered upon to me a major ginormous whipping of my buttocks with a slimy wet noodle. For all intents and purposes, I must skulk back to my den and whip out from it's hiding place, the manual for blog writing. With shaky hands and a blend of a Bill Clinton quiver and a Billy Idol sneer, I must spend some time reading this all important manual, because you know, if I want to know what's in it, I don't have to vote for it first.

So my friends, with eyes wide shut and brain closed loosely, I shall partake and digest the verbiage of said book, 'cause you know, a sniveling Marvin is a dead Marvin. Except in my case a confused G.B. is an easy touch G.B.
 
(c) 2014 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved.

11 comments:

  1. I'm the odd duck then, because I always read manuals. My wife is the dive in without instructions type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex: I used to read them a lot when playing board games. Now I just fake it like everyone else. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is not a malady for men only. I too will try everything first before resorting to the directions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you find the secret to perfect blog composition please let the rest of us know. I've read lots of what seemed to be good blogging advice and I'm still trying to figure out how it all works.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. G.A.: Perhaps, but men are usually the fodder for all kinds of jokes.

    Arlee: Will do. And if you happen to find it before I do, pass it along too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! I remember sending you that picture. Now I'm picturing a slimy noodle whipping. Nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am known as "the technical person" at work, and get called upon to solve problems with copiers etc. when other people are stumped. What's my secret? Usually the only advantage I have is taking a minute to read the instructions. For this I am considered "a genius".

    ReplyDelete
  8. S.R.: Reading instructions? What a novel concept! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Manuals? We don't need no stinking manuals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kevyn: No siree bob, we don't! However, we hold one in our hands so that we can keep everyone at bay.

    ReplyDelete

These days, the written word is to die for, so please leave a comment that shows me and everyone else the real you. All kinds of verbiage will be cheerfully accepted in the spirit it was written.