September 1, 2014

A C.M. Classic: Post #337

Time now, for the redundant portion of Father Nature's Corner, where we produce another post in the occasional series entitled "Cedar's Mountain's Classics", in which we take an old post from the original five year odyssey that was my first blog and retool, revamp, regurgitate, reactivate and simply reanimate to something very new and very shallow.
Today's C.M Classic is something that I think this time, you will all enjoy reading. Back in 2009, I had three blogs in which to play with: Cedar's Mountain, Books by G.B. Miller and It's Always Saturday In Suburbia. Only Cedar's Mountain got the lion's share of my obsessions, of which taking pictures was one of them. And back then, we were a serious Luddite when it came to photography.

Like using a disposable camera.

After doing what I usually do when something grabs my attention (aka going overboard), I ran into a small problem, namely, what to do with my photos. Now, this was about year prior to creating Shooting Suburbia, so my options were limited to using Google's Picassa Photo feature.

So creating I did go. And I would like to honestly say, I had a great time in doing it.

Since today's post is a trip down memory lane, I would like to share with you those four photo albums I created: Shooting Suburbia 1, Shooting Suburbia 2, Shooting Suburbia 3, and Shooting Suburbia 4. A small percentage of these photos did eventually find their way to my other blogs, but here they are in their innocent disposable camera glory. And like I said in the original post, you can do it as a slide show presentation.

Have a sparkling Monday!

(c) 2014 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved.

9 comments:

  1. And I'm just sitting here hoarding all of my pictures on my phone because I have no idea what to do with them or who would even care to see them.

    Those pictures look amazing. They make me yearn for the summer we never got to experience here, since it's been the grayest, rainiest, most miserable summer we've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABFtS: Sometimes hoarding can be a good thing, but in this case, you can always stash them online to free up phone memory.

    And considering the amount of people who peruse your blog on a daily/weekly basis, I'm sure you would get quite a few people to check them out should you decide to post them online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool insight into your life G.B. Your neck of suburbia looks lovely and I enjoyed all the photos. Love the stuffed animals in your office! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie: Thanks.

    It helps that I live some fifty feet from Cedar Mountain (hence the name of my previous blog and the running theme behind this one).

    Back in the day, my office seriously reflected my personality, so it had lots of books and knick-knacks, including stuffed animals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing any I may have missed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. M: I think you'll get a kick out of them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the photos in Shooting Suburbia 1 to 4. For some reason I was especially taken by the picture of your daughter in the parking lot in her little pink coat. It is so funny how certain things tend to jump out at one. Her smile made me think she was having a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lunchtime photo viewing - about to commence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. G.A.: I've averaged about one shopping excursion with Jenelle every four or five months for most of her life and it's always been a blast whenever I do it.

    And yes, she was having a great time during that excursion. She's always been a very upbeat bubbly person.

    Lynn: Hope you liked. :D

    ReplyDelete

These days, the written word is to die for, so please leave a comment that shows me and everyone else the real you. All kinds of verbiage will be cheerfully accepted in the spirit it was written.