November 27, 2013

B(ooks) A(lready) R(ead): Take 2

Part 1

Continuing on a quest to show everyone a side of me that you long thought extinct, here is part 2 of 2013's B.A.R.


7} The Adventures of Black Jack Pepper by M.L. Madison. M.L. Madison is a hugely popular blogger, of which I've been a fan of for numerous years, and this is her first release. While I'm not a huge YA or MG fan by anyone's stretch of the imagination, I found this book to a wickedly entertaining read, and the more I think about it, kind of reminds me of Kay Thompson/Hilary Knight's mischievous little child Eloise.

8} Heart of A Stripper by Cyndi Harris. Another romance by FB friend Cyndi Harris, with this one covering a taboo topic (student/teacher relationship). I enjoyed her first one, and found this one to be just as well written. Like I've mentioned before, I'm very picky about what I read for romances, so for me to recommend one is really saying something.

9} Stealing A Pirate's Heart by Jessica Anderson. Jessica Anderson was another writer who I friended on Facebook. As you can see, it was another romance (I wasn't really into romances per se this year, but it's just how it happened to work out during the early part of the year) novel that I happened to enjoy reading as well.

10} Crow Feather by Allen Russell. A pretty decent western that I happened to pick for my monthly/quarterly contractual book review. I found the setting a bit unusual (Wyoming Territory late 1890's) and the topic of choice (land grabbing and some racial discrimination) unusual as well, which for me was a refreshing change of pace.

11} The Feedstore Chronicles by Travis Erwin. I picked up my autographed copy almost a year ago and found it to be a very highly entertaining read, especially for a memoir.

12} Assignment: Kilimanjaro by Robin Moreton. Erotica. Highly entertaining read, in more ways that you can imagine.

Most, if not all of the fiction that you'll see in this series, was read for enjoyment and book reviews, while the non-fiction that you'll see in this series was by this point, read for the pure enjoyment of it.

4 comments:

  1. I love "The Feedstore Chronicles" -- I laughed all the way through it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra: I found it wickedly funny as well. I still read parts of it from time to time.

    ReplyDelete

These days, the written word is to die for, so please leave a comment that shows me and everyone else the real you. All kinds of verbiage will be cheerfully accepted in the spirit it was written.